ShareThis

Friday, September 26, 2008

Skin Exzema

I went to see Dr. Leong today. Mom Lori drove us because Dave needs to work early.

Dr. Leong said that I have skin exzema. She prescribed me with a dose pack to stop and avoid swelling of my skin. She also prescribed me with Atarax for itching (at bedtime) and I have to take Zyrtec (when i am awake).

My skin became really dry so she told me to use aquaphor ointment after every shower.

What is skin excema? Eczema is a general term for many types of skin inflammation, also known as dermatitis. The most common form of eczema is atopic dermatitis. Doctors do not know the exact cause of eczema, but an abnormal function of the immune system is believed to be a factor. Some forms of eczema can be triggered by substances that come in contact with the skin, such as soaps, cosmetics, clothing, detergents, jewelry, or sweat. Environmental allergens (substances that cause allergic reactions) may also cause outbreaks of eczema. Changes in temperature or humidity, or even psychological stress, for some people lead to outbreaks of eczema.

I remember 2 years ago, when I got here in USA, I also had skin itchiness.... I didn't go to the doctor, all I did was change our laundry soap, use neutrogena body wash and body oil. I presume that the cause of my skin rashes was the weather since it was winter then. But this one since it lasted long and it is not winter, I decided to see Dr. Leong.

Hopefully the medicines that I have to take will work or else... I have to go back and see Dr. Leong again.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails