ShareThis

Friday, March 25, 2011

College Education

I am grateful that I was able to finish college. I am thankful to my parents for doing everything they can to make sure I graduate. This is my goal also for my daughter, no matter what. As early as now, even if she’s just 3, we’re already thinking, saving, and investing for what we think are the expenses to be incurred when she’ll be off to college.


Sometimes I can’t help but think about those that may not be lucky as I am, especially those families that were affected by disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis or even the 9/11 attack. I know having a loss in the family definitely affects their spending and sometimes education may suffer.


Thankfully though, there are schools such as Ashworth College who enroll their students using their Post 9/11 GI Bill education benefits. Because Ashworth College offer lower costs than other accredited online schools, sometimes even up to 50% less, your hard-earned and hard-saved money goes even further. Up to $13,500/36months of education benefits may be eligible for Military personnel and their families.


How I wish we can avail of this great deal when the time comes for my daughter enrolls for college. It will not only save us a lot but will enable us to use the money and benefits for something else. In times like these, every little saving goes a long way.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails