ShareThis

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Saving Tips

In today's news, unemployment rate is at its highest in 26 years. For the month of June alone, more than 400,000 lost their jobs. This is a sad reality.

In this very hard times, we all need to tighten our belts in order to survive. Here are the list of tips that I can share to help you save more....
  1. Bulk Up. Larger sizes means lower unit cost. Buy family pack meats in the grocery store. Divide into smaller portions before freezing necessary perishable items. Bulk up with non-perishable items that are on sale.
  2. Coupons. Look for your Sunday paper as there will be coupons (save it for later use). Before grocery shopping, search for online printable coupons. Spend time with the store's circular or its website. Plan your meals around sale items.
  3. Use washcloths. Cut down on paper towel purchases. Keep washcloths on hand in the kitchen to mop up spills, wipe faces and etc.
  4. Drink Water. Make water as your drink of choice.
  5. Dine at Home. Be creative with your recipe and table setting. You wouldn't notice the difference.
  6. Pump bottles. Transfer shampoo and conditioner into pump bottles. Use one squirt - that is all you need.
  7. Skin care. Spend less with your skin care by using moisturizer and lotion with built-in sunscreen.
  8. Store Brands. Consider using store brand items, they cost less.
What do you do to save? Share it ....

3 comments:

Grace said...

Very helpful tips, Lulu. I need this. I hope you can continue giving us helpful tips. It is really so sad to hear about joblessness. I am waiting for my GC to be able to work soon.

Liz said...

May I add? Plant herbs and vegetables so you won't have to buy and you know that they're chemical free because you grew them.

Thanks for adding my button. Added yours! :)

Glenda is the name. =) said...

I BUY things I NEED the most and NOT the things that I only want. ;D

Related Posts with Thumbnails