ShareThis

Thursday, June 11, 2009

University of Alabama on Probation

There have been rumors about University of Alabama to be put on probation. As of 2:00PM today I learned from both ESPN and Birmingham News that University of Alabama is placed on three years probation for textbook violations.

UA will be forced to vacate football victories from the 2005, 2006 and 2007 seasons and individual records in men's and women's track and men's tennis. There were no scholarship losses for any Alabama sports program.

I am not an Alabama fan but I think it is sad to be forced to vacate all those victories. I just hope that other teams will learn from this.

3 comments:

Arlyna said...

That's a real downer for the University. What exactly did they violate?

amiable amy said...

That is really sad. I hope something good will happen out of this though.

Grace said...

It's a shame that I am not very much interested in sports. :(

Related Posts with Thumbnails