ShareThis

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Emergency Preparedness

I have designed an emergency preparedness plan for my family. Natural and manmade disasters can wreak havoc on your life and if you are not ready for them, it can be dangerous. I went throughout the house with a checklist to make sure we were stocked with supplies. My kids thought it was a game so it was a fun activity for them. Hopefully it was also teaching them how they should be ready when and if disaster strikes. I made sure that none of the circuits were overloaded with a lot of devices. I checked the kitchen to make sure there was not any greasy buildup that could lead to a fire. I checked the smoke detectors to make sure the batteries were working. I also made sure that my daughters knew how to call for help in the event of an emergency in case we were unable to. I even went online at ATLANTAHOMEsecurity.comto see if there was anything special I needed to do with our alarm system. We feel that we are ready for anything that may come our way.

Contributed by Milford Woods


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails