ShareThis

Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday Movie Meme: Illness



This week, let's talk about favorite movies that centers on illness...

These are my picks:
  • Extraordinary Measures - is based on the true story of John Crowley, a man who fought the system to pursue a cure for his child’s life threatening disease. Two of his kids were suffering from Pompe Disease... a disease with no cure.
  • My Sister's Keeper - a story about Anna who was purposely conceived to be a donor to her leukemia-stricken sister.
  • 50 First Dates - this is about short term memory loss
  • Radio - this is about an autistic kid who defies the odds to become one of the most successful high school football coaches ever.
  • PHENOMENON - An ordinary man sees a bright light descend from the sky, and discovers he now has super-intelligence and telekinesis. I capitalize this because its hubby's fave movie and geez I cry river of tears on this movie. The way they profess their love is just so touching. "Will you love me for the rest of my life? No, I will love you for the rest of mine" is a line that I will never forget in that movie.
I like A Beautiful Mind too but since The Bumbles mentioned it already, I jut didn't list it here.

4 comments:

The Bumbles said...

Well I have never heard of Extraordinary Measures! Sounds great - thanks!

Unknown said...

thanks for the info. wla jud koy info bout movies now

lee said...

hi, i have an award for you, please accept it.
thank you!

Verna Luga said...

wa pako kita ani da.. sige movie to note LU..a gi ko,,

Related Posts with Thumbnails