ShareThis

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Man to Walk the Amazon

I have seen so many shows featuring the Amazon river. I have known how deadly the place can be. Walking the whole length of the Amazon river is a feat. No one has walked the Amazon because the route is impossible but that doesn't stop Ed Stafford, a former British army captain who became the first known person to walk from the origin of the Amazon river to its mouth, after enduring "50,000" mosquito bites, attacks by hostile Indians and tropical disease in his nearly 2-1/2 year odyssey.

With the shows featuring Amazon river and how deadly can it be, I will never walked to the Amazon besides, I attract mosquitoes so much and I am sure that if I am going to walk in the Amazon I will have more than 50,000 mosquito bites!

Read more of the story here.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails