ShareThis

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Taking Advantage of the Moment

My family and I have always enjoyed fishing. We do not always have the time to go with everything that is happening in our busy lives. Last summer was the worst. We had not got to go all year because of work and different activities with the kids and we were all missing the fun that we used to have. I got a call one afternoon from a friend who was heading to Dale Hollow Lake for the weekend. She had a cabin to stay in that belonged to her family and she wanted us all to go. I hesitated at first, thinking of everything that I had to do. Nevertheless, my inner fisherman needed some R&R, and I agreed. I called my husband at work and I even called in for the next three days. I picked the kids up from school early so that they could pack. They were ecstatic to be able to get away for a few days. By the time my husband arrived home from work I had the car packed and loaded, the www.allhomesecurity.com alarm system set, and we were waiting at the door. He seemed as eager as I was to get going, so we headed out like two giddy teenagers heading to senior prom. Once we arrived , we were greeted by our friends who were grilling steak in the back of the cabin. We ate a full meal and headed for the lake. We all had such a wonderful time that weekend we swore we would do it again very soon. We all talked about how much we had missing out on. I made a promise to myself and my family that night that we would always take advantage of the moment. Since then we take off every chance that we get.

This is a guest post by Sarah Wright

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails