ShareThis

Monday, December 14, 2009

Summer or Winter?

The weather has been really cold for the past few weeks and I am loving it! For someone like me that spent most part of my life in a tropical country, it is somewhat uncommon that I would prefer winter over summer. I just love the cold weather and I wish that it will snow more often here in Alabama. It may sound weird to some Filipinos, but I don't like the sun so much. Whenever I am exposed to the sun for a prolonged period of time, I almost always end up having a headache. Yeah... I know, I am weird!

The only thing I like about summer is the chance to go out for picnics. Going out to the park and bringing picnic baskets to be shared with the whole family is always a delight for us. Having a picnic in a park is a cheap way of bonding with family. You need not spend a lot for a picnic because the park is always free and it gives the kids a chance to play and meet friends which is really cool for them. Kids always love the outdoors and it gives them freedom to play outside.

During summer we do have a lot of get together with friends and families just sharing some fun, enjoying each other's company and of course sharing whatever food is in the picnic basket. I am lucky to have many Filipino friends to hang out with. It helps me cope up with homesickness and it helps me be connected to people whom I share the same cultures and traditions. Having Filipino friends always reminds me of who I am and where I came from.

Another thing that I enjoyed doing during summer nights is our romantic bonding. Hubby and I enjoy gazing at the stars during summer nights. We just spread a blanket outside have something to drink and eat and just marvel at the beauty of the night in each other's arms. On some nights, we sometimes order romantic picnic baskets to make the night more special.

I do love winter season, but summer also holds a special place in my heart.

1 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

i would definitely choose summer over winter coz i have nosebleeds during winter lol..

Related Posts with Thumbnails