ShareThis

Monday, August 10, 2009

New Google Custom Search

I am thankful of the wonders of technology. The invention of internet has made life easier. There is no single day that I do not open my computer and look for something in the internet. If I need to know something, like if I am in the mood for cooking something that I have not tried before I will just open a search engine and type what I am looking for and in a second or two the results will come up.

I admit, I usually use the Google search engine as it is very reliable. When I enter a query into their search engine by typing key words, it always gives me a listing of best-matching web pages, usually with a short summary containing the document's title and sometimes parts of the text. Now, isn't that amazing how a search engines provide millions of information? I know that the usefulness of the search engine depends on the relevance of the result it gives back when you search certain words or phrases. With Google search engine they always provide me with relevant results.

Anyway, I just found out about Favitt. This is a new Google custom search which allows users to upload their own skin. This is really cool, because you can upload your favorite picture and used it as your skin instead of the usual white background. I already created my own Favitt page, check it here and see for yourself how it works!

Post?slot_id=43549&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails