ShareThis

Friday, February 20, 2009

Removal of Conditions

It is already time for me to file my removal of conditions on my 2 year conditional green card (permanent resident). Time has fly so fast, I have been a legal permanent resident of the US for almost 2 years.

Staying legally in the USA is costly. There are so much paperworks to do starting from the time you plan to enter the USA. Time and money are essential to file for a visa. On our case it took 8 months before I was able to get a fiancee visa and it took 3 months to get my permanent residency.

Base on the USCIS website, having the conditions of the 2 year resident card takes longer especially if the jurisdiction of your residency is Vermont. Unluckily, Alabama's service center is Vermont, so I have to give it almost a year before I can have my 10 year permanent residency card. Well, at least the waiting is not as bad as when we were waiting for the fiancee visa.

Hopefully, it won't take so long for my papers and of course I hope no RFEs (Requests for Further Evidences). I need a LUCK on this for sure!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails